Re: [Denemo-devel] A new(?) note entry method.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A new(?) note entry method.
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 08:33:51 +0100

I made a spurious reference to \relative mode in Lilypond in this email
- \relative is the thing that you use in Lilypond to get the
nearest-octave mode of pitch entry; the use-last-duration entry is
automatic in Lilypond.
At present pitch entry is by pressing whatever key you have bound to the
given note, if it is the wrong octave you then press ' or , (or whatever
key you have bound to these actions), likewise if you want the pitch
sharp or flat or to start a slur, triplet, dot it or WHY, then you press
the relevant key after entering the note by pressing the pitch selection
key (normally 'a' for the pitch A, 'b' for B etc). I use the space bar
for switching rhythm patterns. There is a slight wrinkle in the case of
rhythm patterns that start with a rest - you need to press something to
indicate that you want to start entering the rhythm. (Rests in the
middle of a rhythm pattern are inserted automatically once you have
entered the note before the rest).
All will become much clearer trying it out.
I'll set about preparing a patch for what I have got so far.