Re: [Demexp-dev] A simple path for delegation

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] A simple path for delegation
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:54:49 +0100

Hello FĂ©lix,

Just a quick fact.

2007/1/12, Felix HENRY <address@hidden>:
Currently (in demexp 0.8), when someone votes, I assume that a matrix
is incremented, analyzed, and the winner is output.
However, is it complex to recompute the matrix from scratch?

Recomputation from scratch each time a vote is changed is currently
done on the server and this is what I plan to use for delegation.

One "simple" optimization would be:
* keep the final matrix after a computation;
* when a vote or delegation is changed:
  * compute the matrix of the previous vote/degelation;
  * substract it from the complete matrix;
  * compute the matrix of the new vote/delegation;
  * add it to the complete matrix.
* compute the winner as usual.

There might exist subtleties I haven't seen yet. :-)

Best wishes,
d.