Re: [Demexp-dev] A simple path for delegation

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] A simple path for delegation
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:54:39 +0100

Hello Félix,

2007/1/11, Felix HENRY <address@hidden>:
I just re-read this approach. Althought I do not understand everything I
believe
that this consists in assigning a delegate individually on each question one
wants
to delegate, and the "score" of the delegate will be incremented by 1 while
the score
of the delegator becomes 0. Am I right?

Yes.

If Yes I don't understand what
happens when
someone who has delegated his vote recieves a delegation on the same
question.

I did not thought at this issue. :-)

But the answer is quite simple : we *know* that the participant who
receives a delegation has delegated his vote and to whom, so we simply
follow the delegation chain and add the vote to the correct delegate.

However, should we store the original delegated participant, or the
final delegate after applying closure on the delegation graph of this
question? I don't know. It is probably much easier and simpler to
store the final delegate. And thus the delegator would know that his
chosen delegate has himself delegated to another person. But, on the
other side, it would be much more exact to store the exact choice of
the delegator, in case the chosen delegate changes his mind.

And this raises the question of which information to return when the
server is asked about the delegate: information about the wanted
delegated? or the effective delegate?

I need to think about this issue. Good spot Félix! :-)

Best wishes,
d.