Re: [Demexp-dev] 0.5.3 out

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] 0.5.3 out
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 20:09:31 +0200

Hi John,

John Skaller <address@hidden> writes:

> OK .. it works ..

Cool!

> hehe .. voted on the only question I could find in English .. :)

Well, you probably noticed that most demexp people are French. :) But
i18n is on the todo list for next releases.

> The startup is a bit messy: I had to edit preferences,
> then when i restarted it forgot the server. Started again
> with server name, had to edit account .. quit and start
> again for the login to take effect.

Yep. I know. I should at least automatically reconnect to the server
after each login change. But, on the long term, appropriate dialogs to
edit multiple server preferences should be provided. If only programming
those GUI dialogs would not take such a loooong time.

> Also had some glitches with the /tmp/test-demexp file,
> i initially started up as root, when I changed to
> my user account I got permission errors.
>
> Per user connection info should go in the users
> home?

In fact, user info go in .demexp/ directory.

Those /tmp/test-demexp files are related to non regression autotests
that should be disabled for user release. I'll update the ./configure
script.

Thanks for the test.

Don't hesitate to let us know what do you think about current features,
even if they are negative.

Yours,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A