Re: [Demexp-dev] Debian package Camlrpc officially integrated

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Debian package Camlrpc officially integrated
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:28:29 +0200

Yop!

Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden> writes:

> With the current method, if DemExp uses library A which in turn uses
> library B, then you had to list both A and B in the DemExp
> Makefile. Now, listing only library A (the only one used directly by
> DemExp), it is enough.

I'm not sure to like this. Firstly, I suppose that demexp would thus
rely on ocamlfind. Even if we need it for cduce, there is no real need
for demexp core code. This argument can be discussed.

Secondly, from a soft engineering point of view, is it so nice to hide
dependencies? Wouldn't it make the Makefile less clear?

Yours,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A