ddd

Re: remote debugging question

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: remote debugging question
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 00:50:52 +0200

address@hidden schrieb:

> I want to generate this same command sequence but do so such that appB
> is launched in ddd so I can remotely debug it from Machine A.

If you run ddd on top of gdb you simply can run your remote application
with gdbserver and connect gdb via tcp to the gdbserver and on top of
gdb you run ddd as known.

Starting a remote application with gdbserver is very simple:
remote-host> gdbserver :3000 appX
now connect with gdb
local-host> gdb
# target remote ip-addr:3000
# run arg1 arg2 arg3

The same is working from ddd. If the remote host is a different
architecture, you have a local gdb which is compiled for that.

Maybe something like this:
local-host> ddd -debugger arm-elf-gdb
# target remote ip-addr:3000
# run arg1 arg2