ddd

no symtab found (ddd, AIX, xlC, gcc)

From: Katherine Ye
Subject: no symtab found (ddd, AIX, xlC, gcc)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:53:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Can I debug an executable compiled with xlC using ddd
that is build by gcc on AIX. I set the -g flag. I can
run the ddd. When I tried to step into the code it
will complain about
Line 1 of " _start_ " is at address 0x1000f890
<__dt__Q5_3com11recursionsw7cinergi9reference15IAdapterInvokerFv+32>
but contains no code.
(gdb)
No source file named _start_.

I tried to open the source file by using "open source"
in the File menu. I got
Internal: reading Cinergi.cpp pst for `Cinergi.cpp'
found when no symtab found.

Basically I can not step into the program by using
ddd. Solutione? Help great appreciated.

Regards

Kathy