ddd

Re: Bug in ddd configuration in Solaris 9 / x86

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: Re: Bug in ddd configuration in Solaris 9 / x86
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:43:29 -0600 (CST)

In regard to: Bug in ddd configuration in Solaris 9 / x86, Davies, Daniel...:

I'm trying to compile ddd on a dual processor Solaris 9 box that has
dual Opterons.  I have gcc 3.4.3 and version 2.14 of binutils. The
results of running uname -a and invoking various tools with --version is
at the end of the enclosed file.

I'm including the configuration script because it says I should report
an error to you and because it's not working.  Solaris 9 does not
support SSE2 opcodes, so I guess it makes sense that 128 bit data types
are not defined.

Any hints?

The sys/core.h should be investigated, but isn't the source of your
problem.  I think a bigger part of the problem is that configure detected
the return type of signal handlers on Solaris 9, but it couldn't figure
out the argument list.  Note the warning in the configure output:

checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking parameter type of signal handlers...
configure: WARNING: Please #define SIGHANDLERARGS in config.h

That's a big problem.  I recommend you look at the `config.log' and search
for

        signal handlers

that will show what configure does to determine the return type (void),
and the next test is what's failing to determine the parameter type of
signal handlers.  If you can't determine what the problem is on your
own, attach the config.log to a replay email.

BTW, looking at config.log and sys/core.h might also explain why the
preprocessor choked on it.  There are a couple common reasons why that
might happen; looking at config.log generally narrows it down.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden