Re: [Dazuko-devel] Symlink reporting

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] Symlink reporting
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:14:42 +0100

Sami Tikka wrote:
To correct myself: We solved this double-reporting problem so that we introduced a new event type to dazuko: LINK. When the inode_follow_link is called, it is reported to daemon as a LINK type event. When inode_permission is called, it is reported as OPEN or EXEC as usual.

Hi,

I am not sure that adding a READLINK would solve your recursive-entry problem. READLINK would probably come in addition to OPEN and not as a replacement.

When "trusted applications" are supported (see http://www.dazuko.org/files/dazuko_mold2005_presentation.pdf) you shouldn't have this problem anymore. If we introduce new event types, it needs to be because applications are really interested in these events and not as a work-around for some desired functionality.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer