[Dazuko-devel] 2.0.4 released

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.0.4 released
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:22:04 +0200

Hi,

I have officially released Dazuko version 2.0.4. This is exactly the same as 2.0.4-pre5. The only users that will not see any difference in this version over 2.0.3 are Linux 2.2/2.4 users. All other platforms have significant improvements and/or fixes. See the CHANGELOG for details.

I have been contacted by SuSE. There will be an online kernel update available soon and Dazuko 2.0.4 will be pre-compiled and included in the update! This is great news for SuSE users and also represents a great success for the Dazuko project. I hope that in the future we will be able to cooperate so well with other distributions.

For 2.0.5 I plan on:
- optimizing the "open-list" for faster lookups
- porting the new FreeBSD features to Linux
- confirming success with Mandrake 10.1
- remove dependency on "commoncap" under Linux 2.6
- integrating the PHP extension for Dazuko (hopefully)

Thank you to all who helped me work through the problems with SuSE, Mandrake, and Fedora Core!

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer