[Dazuko-devel] 2.0.4-pre5 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.0.4-pre5 posted
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:25:37 +0200

Hi,

I have posted another pre-release today. The last pre-release broke support for SuSE 9.1. It was easily fixed, but I figured I should do some more general polishing since I wanted to post a new version. Aside from fixing what pre4 broke, this version also includes:

- The RSBAC extension was significantly cleaned up. Now the files can be used with RSBAC "out-of-the-box". The "configure" script also provides information about this. One thing that still does not work is RSBAC support with Dazuko and devfs. This is a problem with RSBAC and will hopefully be solved in the future. The problem is that RSBAC tries to initialize DAZ before mounting /dev. Since DAZ can't create /dev/dazuko, the initialization fails and Dazuko does not get loaded.

- The Linux 2.6 extension now allocates memory using the ATOMIC flag. This means that the huge kernel debugging stack traces for kmalloc will no longer be generated.

I hope that this will be the final pre-release. 2.0.4 will represent a major improvement over 2.0.3 for Linux 2.6 and FreeBSD 4/5.

On a side note, I will be at the LinuxWorld conference in Frankfurt, Germany this week - http://www.linuxworldexpo.de . You can find me at the Sun Microsystems booth. If you happen to be there, feel free to stop by and say hi!

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer