btrfs implementation status of GNU tools df & du

From: mathias . froehlich
Subject: btrfs implementation status of GNU tools df & du
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 09:30:09 +0200

Hello out there,

currently we are evaluating btrfs usage in our upcoming Linux Release
(SLES12 based).

It seems that the commonly known GNU standard tools "df" and "du" are not
fully supporting the btrfs filesystem.
The underlying kernel requests used by these tools are getting
incomplete/wrong information about filesystem/metadata usage, furthermore
the quota feature isn't recongized/displayed at all.

Is development regarding btrfs still ongoing?

kind regards
Mathias