confuse-devel

Re: [Confuse-devel] Python support

From: Martin Hedenfalk
Subject: Re: [Confuse-devel] Python support
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 07:43:51 +0100

Hello Brian,

As far as I know, there are no language bindings at all for libConfuse.

The file format is not standardized (as in xml for example), but quite similar to other types. You might be able to find another library that accepts the libConfuse syntax (more or less).

Are you interested in writing a Python binding for libConfuse? The library has not been designed with bindings to other languages in mind, so I have no idea how hard or easy that would be.

/Martin

Brian Silverman wrote:
I am working doing some contract work on an
application that is using libconfuse.  The main
application is in C, but the part I'm working on is in
Python.  A couple questions:

Has anyone written a Python API to libconfuse?  If so,
is it stable?  If not, is the ".conf" file format used
by libconfuse standardized (i.e., is is used by any
other libcfg* type libraries out there)?

Any info is appreciated...

--
Brian Silverman