classpathx-javamail

RE: [Classpathx-javamail] No longer struggling with build

From: cefn.hoile
Subject: RE: [Classpathx-javamail] No longer struggling with build
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:23:59 +0100

Thanks Chris,

Only just starting to migrate to 5.0 as you can tell (boxing/unboxing !=
generics).

Now have some content coming down through nntp, so I'm pretty happy.

Rolled back to java 1.4 and used just the gnu crypto classes to satisfy
the sasl dependency. Thought these had to be satisfied by jre classes
and hence forced the upgrade to java 5.0. Not necessary if gnu crypto is
included.

Working version involves...
Java 1.4.2_09 for both build and runtime
Gnu mail 1.1.1
Gnu inetlib 1.1.1
Gnu activation 1.1
Gnu crypto 2.0.1

Also forced the nntp provider programmatically as I couldn't get my
javamail.providers file to be picked up in META-INF or JAVA_HOME/lib in
any satisfactory way in the eclipse development environment.

Properties props = new Properties();
props.put("mail.nntp.class",
gnu.mail.providers.nntp.NNTPStore.class.getName());//force the nntp
provider
Session session = Session.getDefaultInstance(props);

Thanks for your suggestions today, now I can get on with munging data.

Cefn
http://cefn.com