classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] mail.nntp.newsrc property

From: Hash9
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] mail.nntp.newsrc property
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:28:05 +0100

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 14:19 +0100, Chris Burdess wrote:
> Hash9 wrote:
> > I tried setting the mail.nntp.newsrc property but I found this is did
> > not work and was not implemented.
>
> No. The idea here is that you could set this property to have a
> special-purpose newsrc class (e.g. for reading newsrc information from
> a database). It's not finished yet.
Oh, Ok;
I was going by the package summery page
(
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/javamail/javadoc/gnu/mail/providers/nntp/package-summary.html
 ) that said that mail.nntp.newsrc was the file path to the file to use as
newsrc.

> > There doesn't seem to be very much special code for the case that it is
> > not set.
> > If the mail.nntp.newsrc property is difficult is it possible to have a
> > mail.nntp.newsrc.dir property so that it is possible to move the
> > directory that .newsrc is stored in?
> > I'm trying to write an application that has multiple identities and I
> > want to have all the nntp subscription details separated.
> >
> > Any work around would be appreciated.
>
> I can certainly implement another property (e.g. mail.nntp.newsrc.file)
> that allows you to specify the filename of a file-based newsrc file, if
> that would be more convenient.
That's what I was looking for, if that is possible I'd appreciate it
thanks. :)

Hash9

PS
The mailing list seems to have quite a long processing time, is it
supposed to have that?