classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] mail.nntp.newsrc property

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] mail.nntp.newsrc property
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:45:27 +0100

Chris Burdess wrote:
I tried setting the mail.nntp.newsrc property but I found this is did
not work and was not implemented.

No. The idea here is that you could set this property to have a special-purpose newsrc class (e.g. for reading newsrc information from a database). It's not finished yet.

There doesn't seem to be very much special code for the case that it is
not set.
If the mail.nntp.newsrc property is difficult is it possible to have a
mail.nntp.newsrc.dir property so that it is possible to move the
directory that .newsrc is stored in?
I'm trying to write an application that has multiple identities and I
want to have all the nntp subscription details separated.

Any work around would be appreciated.

I can certainly implement another property (e.g. mail.nntp.newsrc.file) that allows you to specify the filename of a file-based newsrc file, if that would be more convenient.

Further to this, try CVS HEAD and see if this works for you.
--
Chris Burdess