classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] javax.mail package

From: dog
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] javax.mail package
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 11:29:32 +0100

dixit nferrier:
a quick blast at trying to compile everything indicates that there
are *big* problems in the javax.mail.* packages. is joey lesh still
present, or shall i fix all this?

I planned to fix the IMAP provider (using Sun's javamail) and then fix
the javamail stuff...

But if someone else wants to do it that's fine.

right, i shall have a look at it over the weekend.

BTW I wouldn't worry about stuff being dated, at least it works /8->

which brings me on to my second point: a couple of things about versioning.

1. what is the target api for the javax.mail packages, 1.1 or 1.2? i don't know that there were any very important changes apart from the content streaming, but it has to be one or the other.

2. there are lots of new i/o functions in java 1.4, including asynchronous i/o, which may be very important to the stability of certain providers. i haven't seen yet whether there is a way to lock files, but if there is this would be really important to the mbox provider. 1.4 also provides a standard logging api that would be handy for reporting progress and exceptions in the spi layer. i can come up with a better-researched analysis of the benefits, but clearly it's of no use if we have to support 1.1 at all costs. so, is there any chance we can fork development and keep a 1.1 branch and also work on a 1.4 branch, or is this just far too much hassle?
--
dog
zx750-p5 sl-mille ukrmma#18