Re: bug 10491 was Re: More astonishing progress in japi scores

From: Sven de Marothy
Subject: Re: bug 10491 was Re: More astonishing progress in japi scores
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:26:14 +0200

Andrew Haley writes:
>> Has anyone seen that one:
>> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=10491
>> I recently discovered it while writing some test files for the
>> XMLDecoder I am working on. In an attempt to find the reason I
followed
>> to the C source that does the conversion (java_lang_Double.c) and its
>> obvious to me that the code does not care about the special values:
>> [+-]NaN, [+-]Infinity

>What is really wrong here?  The bug has no test case, and doesn't
>really explain.

I think he's talking about Double.parseDouble(), an input string of
"NaN" should return a NaN double. Now, it throws an exception.

One-liner:
System.out.println(Double.parseDouble("NaN"));

Although, personally.. I'm not so sure of re-writing it in Java. Seems
like overkill for a relatively trivial bug.
(Of course, you could have both too, and add a build-time option. )

/Sven