Moving system properties to gnu.classpath.*

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: Moving system properties to gnu.classpath.*
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:26:04 +0200

Hi,

I would like to propose to move the system properties to a public class
in the gnu.classpath package. This removes the need to use
GetPropertyAction to access the properties and -- more importantly to me
-- it also greatly simplifies class initialization dependencies
(currently, every class that requires access to the system properties
sucks in a huge dependency (java.lang.System, SecurityManager and who
knows what else).

The obvious downside is that we'd really need to get serious about
preventing untrusted code access to the gnu.classpath.* package.

Any thoughts, comments or objections?

Regards,
Jeroen