[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Chicken-users] types.db incorrect

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] types.db incorrect
Date: 10 Sep 2011 20:16:25 +0200

On Sep 8 2011, Felix wrote:

Unfortunately this situation paralyses me.  I too much depend on it.

Does it work with specialization turned off? (-O2 only)

Dunno.  I went into punch-the-head-through-the-wall mode.
Got the problem fixed.
It turned out to be a abuse of code never intended to be used that way.
(I found that my llrb tree code stuff was not written to handle both
half-ordered key space and arbitrary deletes at the same time; but it
did not give a warning either when I began to use it that way.)
-- So much right now for the "unrelated" - but still related - bug
I've been writing about.

I'd like to take this time out to pre-announce an event, which took
place today around a quarter past two European time:

As far as my changelog goes back, there has been an serious ongoing
development effort to add chicken as an alternative to rscheme (in a way,
which boils down to some identical cryptographic check sums per operation)
since February 2009 (but the mail archive reveals that there have been a
seven more years of more cautious attempts) for

Now, for the first time I've been able to replace the peers exposed to the
internet with the chicken based version.

I'm running now from a network like this:
3 nodes with FreeBSD and rscheme
two nodes Linux AMD64 and chicken
and one node ARM (Sheeva Plug) with Linux and chicken
plus a phantom node which does not exists (always fails).

The whole network is on average (computing their byzantine
agreement on transactions) 50% faster than before
(when only the ARM ran with chicken).

And it's running on approximately 50% of memory.

I guess it's time to prepare a first release eventually.

Thanks for all your precious help over all this time!

Have A Nice Day


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]