Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:07:11 -0800

> So ultimately, I think something like the following tags would be useful:

Thanks for the list! :-)

> <proc>(string-set! a b)</proc>

Alright, I will simply expand this to:

 [procedure] {{('''string-set!''' a b)}}

> <macro>(args:make-option (OPTION-NAME ...) ARG-DATA [BODY])</macro>

I'll expand this to the same as the above, but with “macro” instead of
“procedure”.

> <param>eggdoc:doctype</param>

Is this meant to be used as in “The procedure sets the contents of the
string <param>a</param> to a copy of the contents of
<param>b</param>”?  In this case I don't think we should support it.
I think it makes things way too verbose for what it gets us.  The
crucial thing to remember is that we want a compromise between having
some semantics and still making it easy for anyone to edit this code.

> <record>hostinfo</record>
> <read>@[object message: value ...]</read>
> <signature type="string">doctype:xhtml-1.0-strict</signature>

Care to give me an example as to how these are used and what you think
they should expand to?  I'm not completely sure I understand their
semantics.

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/