[Chicken-users] C_INSTALL_* surprises

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] C_INSTALL_* surprises
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:43:33 -0700

In the ./configure build of chicken-defaults.h:

#ifndef C_INSTALL_HOME
# define C_INSTALL_HOME "/cygdrive/c/Program Files/cygchicken/share/chicken"
#endif

I thought it would have been "/cygdrive/c/Program Files/cygchicken"

#ifndef C_INSTALL_LIB_HOME
# define C_INSTALL_LIB_HOME "/cygdrive/c/Program Files/cygchicken/lib/chicken/1"

I thought this was going to be for Chicken libraries, not for eggs, i.e.
"/cygdrive/c/Program Files/cygchicken/lib/chicken"

C_INSTALL_INCLUDE_HOME appears to have been expunged from the build. Yet, csc.scm.in still takes a substitution of %includedir% from ./configure. For consistency, shouldn't this remain available?

C_INSTALL_BIN_HOME has a sane and straightforward value.
#define C_INSTALL_BIN_HOME "/cygdrive/c/Program Files/cygchicken/bin"
I note, however, that it is defined unconditionally.  Is that intended?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every