Re: [Chicken-users] C_INSTALL_* surprises

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] C_INSTALL_* surprises
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 00:43:46 -0700

felix winkelmann wrote:
On 7/19/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
In the ./configure build of chicken-defaults.h:

#ifndef C_INSTALL_HOME
# define C_INSTALL_HOME "/cygdrive/c/Program Files/cygchicken/share/chicken"
#endif

I thought it would have been "/cygdrive/c/Program Files/cygchicken"

I have no clue what this is supposed to by on cygwin.

What's it supposed to be in general on Unix? Cygwin appears to be behaving like Unix.

#ifndef C_INSTALL_LIB_HOME
# define C_INSTALL_LIB_HOME "/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/cygchicken/lib/chicken/1"

I thought this was going to be for Chicken libraries, not for eggs, i.e.
"/cygdrive/c/Program Files/cygchicken/lib/chicken"

Shouldn't these actually all be UNIXish pathnames, i.e. "/usr/lib", etc. ???

That's not important. I used --prefix="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/cygchicken" in this instance. A user can specify anything he likes for a ./configure --prefix. The question is whether C_INSTALL_LIB_HOME is for Chicken libraries or for Eggs.

C_INSTALL_INCLUDE_HOME appears to have been expunged from the build.
Yet, csc.scm.in still takes a substitution of %includedir% from
./configure.  For consistency, shouldn't this remain available?

If we don't need it, it might as well be gone.

But it makes the build more obscure.  %includedir% isn't going away.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every