Re: [Chicken-users] CMake testing

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake testing
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 07:16:09 +0200

On 10/24/05, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
> Regarding my missing libchicken.lib: there is perhaps nothing amiss in
> cmake.  I tried 'nmake chicken_lib' and it doesn't build because of
> tcp.c errors.  If the tarballs can be updated with people's patches, so
> that they build on Windows, that would be nice.  I have downloaded the
> Darcs repository but I have yet to figure out how to bootstrap it.  I
> ran into problems with my MinGW environment; maybe I'll have better luck
> with a VC++ bootstrap.  I am wondering if the CMakeLists.txt is really
> set up for a Darcs bootstrap?  I'm thinking it isn't; I wonder if it's
> within the scope of what CMake could do.

No it isn't set up for bootstrapping from the darcs repo. It shouldn't be too
hard to add, though: all that's needed is to compile the .scm files to C.

Regarding the tcp problems: change the #include's for winsock2.h
to ws2tcpip.h. That should fix the build problems.

The tarballs will be updated soon.