Re: [Chicken-hackers] Build problems

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Build problems
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:45:08 -0800

felix winkelmann wrote:
On 1/29/07, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

Sounds like Autotools takes care of the /usr/local problem that it
creates, via libtool.  CMake doesn't.  So it looks like we'll need
INSTALL_RPATH.

Yes, I agree. Could you add this?

I'm going to pass on this. Graham is right: I'm spending too much time doing buildmaster stuff, at the expense of projects that might elevate me, rather than wear me down. This is a really easy one for someone else to implement, so I'm delegating it. It's probably as simple as adding INSTALL_RPATH and a path to the various SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES entries. If it were a Windows issue I'd bang it out, but it's not, and I don't want to become responsible for maintenance on every OS out there. This is a good opportunity for someone else to become familiar with the CMake build, as it should be a cakewalk. And if it isn't, well... to be honest I don't want to deal with anything difficult right now.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every