bug-gnu-emacs
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

bug#27816: 26.0.50; X protocol error: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap paramete


From: Jean Louis
Subject: bug#27816: 26.0.50; X protocol error: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter) on protocol request 55
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 10:31:23 +0300

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 09:29:09AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 02:31:23 +0300
> > From: Jean Louis <address@hidden>
> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> > 
> > On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 12:23:21AM +0300, Jean Louis wrote:
> > > 7dd72d7 address@hidden: pull: Fast-forward -- this is
> > > the version that worked without problems.
> > > 
> > > And all below versions worked without this frame
> > > disappearing.
> > 
> > Just to confirm that even above version has that bug. It was stable
> > before.
> > 
> > I have tried running emacs without ~/.emacs so it is not about my
> > fonts, faces, or settings, each few times frame is still not
> > appearing with BadPixmap error and request 55.
> 
> It could be that you have updated something else on your system, not
> just Emacs's sources, and that indirectly caused the problem even in
> builds that previously worked well.  If that is the case, it might
> mean the problem which causes this is not due to some recent change in
> Emacs, it was always there.

I did not update anything but ImageMagick, which anyway is not
compiled in Emacs, as it is version 7.

My system is not a distribution, and there are no automatic updates,
all tracking is in my head.

> With that in mind, can you describe the sequence of actions that you
> are using, after which these errors usually appear?  Also, are these
> errors 100% reproducible, if you replay the same actions , or do they
> appear only sometimes?

Yes, I can describe it.

Emacs is run as daemon by S6 supervision suite, through screen, as
below, nothing changed there since many months, this 2017 year.

I am connecting to emacs by the emacsclient, and the script below. I
had full stability until last 2 attempts to compile it with
ImageMagick, when I pulled last versions.

I am just about to try the one version before.

#!/bin/bash
SERVER=/home/data1/protected/tmp/emacs1001/server

if [ -e $SERVER ]; then
        if [ $DISPLAY  ];
        then exec emacs-client-x "$@" > /dev/null 2>&1 &
        else emacs-client "$@"; fi
else zile "$@";
fi


#!/bin/execlineb -P
if { s6-test -d /home/data1/protected/Work }
s6-setuidgid admin
backtick -n HOME { homeof admin }
backtick -n PATH { echo 
"/home/data1/protected/Programming/perl5/bin:/home/data1/protected/bin:/home/data1/protected/bin/rcd:/home/data1/protected/.local/bin:/home/data1/protected/bin:/home/data1/protected/perl5/bin:/home/data1/protected/bin:/home/data1/protected/bin/rcd:/home/data1/protected/.local/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/opt/texlive/2015/bin/x86_64-linux:/opt/jdk/bin:/opt/qt4/bin:/opt/qt5/bin:/usr/libexec:/opt/rakudo-star-2016.07/bin:/opt/rakudo-star-2016.07/share/perl6/site/bin:/home/data1/protected/Programming/git/fgallery:/usr/libexec:/opt/rakudo-star-2016.07/bin:/opt/rakudo-star-2016.07/share/perl6/site/bin:/home/data1/protected/Programming/git/fgallery"
 }
backtick -n MAILDIR { echo "/home/data1/protected/Maildir" }
backtick -n LC_ALL { echo "en_US.UTF-8" }
backtick -n TMPDIR { echo "/home/data1/protected/tmp" }
/usr/bin/screen -l -S emacs -D -m --
/usr/bin/emacs --user admin --chdir /home/data1/protected






reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]