[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

bug#55511: AW: bug#55511: 13.1.3; TeX-auto-store issues with complex pat

From: Cyril Arnould
Subject: bug#55511: AW: bug#55511: 13.1.3; TeX-auto-store issues with complex paths
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:28:22 +0000

Thanks, the patch seems to work! To be clear, all the .el files are

still placed  in the TeX-master's auto directory, so .tex files with the

same name in different folders still end up overwriting each other's .el

file. I'm guessing that was also your intention. For my workflow that's

not an issue though.


I didn't really manage to install AUCTeX from the git repo though. My

emacs installation comes from MSYS2

(https://packages.msys2.org/package/mingw-w64-x86_64-emacs) and when I

tried to run the ./configure script in the MINGW64 environment, it

failed because of some sed error. Running it from the MSYS environment

instead seemed to have worked, it installed the package to

C:\msys64\mingw64\share\emacs\site-lisp. So I removed my old AUCTeX

package from the .emacs.d folder, but for some reason my .emacs file

kept reinstalling it from ELPA even though the site-lisp folder is part

of the load-path... I load it via use-package:



(use-package latex

  :ensure auctex)


Anyway, long story short, I applied the patch to my working copy, then

simply overwrote the tex.el and latex.el in my .emacs.d/elpa

folder. That means the rest of the AUCTeX files were not up to date with

the master branch but it worked nonetheless.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]