bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Farsi Dictionary

From: Arash Bijanzadeh
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Farsi Dictionary
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:48:27 +0430

Hi Vahid,
Good job! congrat. Especially I like the watch clipboard section which is
favorite of users coming from wingooz!

On Thursday 18 September 2003 15:18, Vahid Zahiri wrote:
> Salam arash
>  I started to write a free and open source dictionary,
> I created unicode database by convert iran system
> database( more than 50,000 word ).But database is very
> simple amd contain mean of words not type of them(
> adj, verb,..).

As I mentioned in my mail, there is a RFC for dictionary and it supports
unicode and we can use it. Open source people really CARE about standards,
without it the mess of wondoze would leek in the linux word.
If you could implement your vocab database in the standard format. Every
client of dict protocol can use it. And if you adapt your client with this
protocol it could be used for every language that has a dic Dictionary
database. And because of the new features it would be widely in use.
I couldn't get what you mean of  because "Military service" you could not
release it?
We can provide the space and web facilities to release it and make it public.

Cheers
Arash