bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Linxu for geeks? - was: Bino 1.3.3 is released!

From: Tim Sampson
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Linxu for geeks? - was: Bino 1.3.3 is released!
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 19:20:46 +0100

On 09/05/2012 17:51, Martin Lambers wrote:
It's just that building the latest *development* version from source or even directly from the git repository requires a few more steps -- but that would also be the case for other systems. (In fact, installing bleeding-edge development versions from source is probably simpler on Linux than on some other systems.) Martin

I know you're right, Martin. It's just that in my experience I've rarely been expected to compile anything for Windows, it's just handed to me on a plate. I guess it's all to do with the different builds of Linux and stuff. I know you can use Linux in a simple way without building anything but at times like this a Linux user needs to be quite clued up.

Sorry to start an OS debate on here!

Cheers
Tim