bino-list

[Bino-list] Linxu for geeks? - was: Bino 1.3.3 is released!

From: C. Meyer
Subject: [Bino-list] Linxu for geeks? - was: Bino 1.3.3 is released!
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 18:34:27 +0200

> It was just an observation that using Linux still requires skill.

That's a simplification, because most of the linux software is available from repositories, which makes it pretty easy to install and keep uptodate.

I am completely with you - actually I don't want to compile, I regard myself as an END user, that's why I am so strongly insisting on this list here. As long as software has to be compiled by the enduser, Linux (and it's flavours) always will suffer from the prejudice that it is a OS just for geeks! But this is a complete different discussion..... I still don't have a working version of bino on my computer :-( !

Best Regards
Christian