bibledit-general

[be] Bibledit 3.5 for Microsoft Windows (mingw32)

From: Dan Dennison
Subject: [be] Bibledit 3.5 for Microsoft Windows (mingw32)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:27:01 -0800

Hello,

I have another alpha-quality release of Bibledit for Microsoft Windows 32-bit. This release was built using mingw and depends solely on libraries common to Windows platforms since 2000. Running this on 95/98/Me is probably not going to work. NT4 may or may not.

It is however, known to work with caveats on Windows XP SP3. Those caveats are: - Interprocess communication is still broken between Bibledit processes. This means that git integration is broken, as well as Windows Outpost, etc. - Some low-hanging fruit isn't ported yet. This includes the shell- script to start Bibledit. Yes, that is on my short-list. - Pathing is still a bit wonky, so when gconf starts up for the project notes feature, if it can't find libgconf, you lose. Might want to consider adding the bin directory in your path, or copying that DLL around a bit.

I cannot stress this enough:
It likes to crash, more than I'd like even. It might eat your data. Your life's work even! Backup early and often and do not rely on this for anything other than testing, port improvements and pure curiosity. As with all Free Software, it comes with no warranty for suitably for any purpose.

If it does crash on you, might want to blow away your .bibledit* directories and try playing again. :)

https://thedennisons.org/~dand/bibledit-3.5-mingw.zip
Unzip, rename the 'root' folder to Bibledit, and enjoy.

Build docs:
http://bibledit.pbwiki.com/Build-Instructions-for-MinGW

dan :)