beaver-devel

Re: [Beaver-devel] New sy/hi with pcre; a second preview

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] New sy/hi with pcre; a second preview
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 01:21:12 -0400

Leslie Polzer wrote:
Another thing that might be useful for us is to, in our syntax file, say certain things about the language other than just keyword info.

If we add a lot of different stuff to the s/f we should maybe arrange
for a more flexible format, shouldn't we?

Well, how do you mean, more flexible? We can't leave it as is, but a small modification is warranted. It seems to be a logical extension of what we have already, to me. A description of how a function looks will likely be a regexp, so we just have two sections of the file -- one for defining keywords, one for defining characteristics of the language, like what a function looks like.

-mt