beaver-devel

Re: [Beaver-devel] New sy/hi with pcre; a second preview

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] New sy/hi with pcre; a second preview
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 19:24:51 -0400

Michael Terry wrote:
I propose we come up with categories of keywords that we label lines with in the syntax file and in the GUI, we can say, "What color do you want operators to be?"

So...  a quick stab at categories:
operators
preprocessor directives
language keywords
system library keywords
"derived" keywords -- things like GtkWidget
comments
strings
characters

Another thing that might be useful for us is to, in our syntax file, say certain things about the language other than just keyword info.

For example, I would like to eventually add a function list to Beaver. This would be some list of the function names in the current file -- when you double click on the name, you would be taken to it's definition in the file. For that, it would be useful to know something about the format of function definitions.

Of course, we can add such stuff as we come to need it, since this format is used by only us. ;)

-mt