bbdb-user

Re: FreeBSD package build failure with Emacs 26.1

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: FreeBSD package build failure with Emacs 26.1
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 14:26:17 -0600

On Wed Nov 14 2018 Joseph Mingrone wrote:
> It is the Makefile generated from the sources in the BBDB tarball by
> automake.

Which version of automake is this?  On my not all brand-new
GNU/linux system, I have GNU automake 1.15, which does not create
such code.  If this comes from a newer version of automake, you
might want to report your struggles to the automake maintainers.
(I vaguely remember that only more recent versions of automake
provide any support for emacs lisp files.)