Re: [Axiom-developer] Sum infinite series

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Sum infinite series
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 12:23:07 -0400

I'm not sure I understand your comment about biographies. The only mention
of biographies is from the source code of the original Jenks book. The book
was written by quite a few people, although only 2 people's names are on the
cover. Buy a copy of the original book and you'll see them. I'm not sure why
you feel that giving the authors credit for their work is "egotistical". Books
universally mention their authors.

If you're making reference to the obituaries, they are people who spent
a large portion of their life making Axiom exist. Two pages in a PDF seems
a small price to pay to acknowledge them.

The table of contents uses hyperlinks so you can avoid them if you wish.

Axiom's current algorithms don't solve your problem, it seems. However,
Axiom is open source. You understand your problem. Please write an
algorithm to solve it and contribute it to Axiom. We welcome such contributions.

In fact, writing a new or updated algorithm will add your name to the contributors.
We are extremely careful to give credit to people who help.

Tim