Re: [Axiom-developer] Sum infinite series

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Sum infinite series
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 19:20:39 +0200

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 11:54 AM, My Name <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> P.S.
>>
>> Axiom wants me to read the biographies of its developers: The developers'
>> biographies are the centerpiece of the documentation. Stephen Wolfram has
>> earned his reputation of being egotistical, but at least his product sums
>> infinite series. With with Axiom docs, I get the developers' egos but
>> nothing more.

Interesting, you want some CAS to solve your problem
(btw, you have not even clearly stated what you wanted to get as a
result), but you seem to believe that you get your solution for free.
For Mathematica you have to pay money for it. For open source CAS, you
don't have to pay money, but it would make sense to pay at least some
respect to the authors and their work.

If you can implement all those algorithms yourself, why don't you write
your own CAS and opensource it for other people to use? Then wait until
someone comes and says, "your CAS cannot do X and the documentation only
mentions your name and a long biography". You'll probably like that. ;-)

I don't think that people keep willing to help you.

Good luck. I'm waiting for your CAS to arrive.

Ralf