Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom, FriCAS, forks and teeth

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom, FriCAS, forks and teeth
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:19:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Jay Belanger wrote:

| Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:
|
| > Jay Belanger <address@hidden> writes:

| > |
| > | One reason for the fork was to be able to put off documentation,
| >
| > Did you get that for a fact from Waldek?
|
| Yes; didn't you?

No.  Otherwise, I would not have asked.

| In the announcement of the fork, Waldek quotes Tim as saying
| that literate programming was a primary goal of the Axiom project, and
| if somebody wanted to get somewhere faster that they should fork.

I believe it takes an extraordinary amount of both stretch and imagination
(which, obviously, I do not have) to conclude from that quote that Waldek
wanted "be able to put off documentation" -- when in fact he did, in his
wh-sandbox contribution, document his findings and work and he continues
to do so.  That is why I wanted facts or statements from himself
instead of putting words in his month or assigning him ill motives.