[Axiom-developer] RE: listings oddness

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: listings oddness
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 23:27:40 -0400

Cliff,

On  6, 2007 7:44 PM you wrote:

> Well, this is weird:
>
> escapeinside={starttex}{endtex}
>
> didn't seem to work, but
>
> escapeinside={(address@hidden@*)}
>
> does.

I am not sure what you are saying didn't work since in
what you wrote I see the following equivalences:

  starttex == (*@
  endtex ==   @*)

and as you say, that works. If you wanted (for some reason
I don't understand) to use literally `starttex' and `endtex`
as delimiters, I don't see why that wouldn't work. It would
just be weird. Normally it is expected that you would use
something that would be interpreted as a comment in whatever
programming language you are using. If you where writing
Spad or Aldor code than I suppose you might use:

 escapeinside={--}{\^^M}

Ref. the example before "How to gobble characters" on page
53. (But I haven't actually tried this.)

> Oh, well.  As long as something works...

Right. :-)