RE: [Axiom-developer] cl-web v0.6

From: C Y
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] cl-web v0.6
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 16:29:12 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> > The kicker, that I haven't fully solved yet, is the escape
> > character needed by the listings package to insert tex into code.
> > This is needed for the chunk reference links, but the character
> > chosen for escape can't be used in the code itself.  That's a
> > problem.
> >

> Can I assume that you have read the listings documentation at:

ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/listings/listings.pd

That's how I learned about the escapchar option.  I am looking at it
again but I do not see a simple way to specify a multiple character
delimiter for tex mode entrance and exit. escapeinside seems to allow
different characters to start and end but does not (as far as I can
tell) allow multiple characters.

> The documentation describes a large number of options for
> defining suitable escape characters.

It does, but apparently my TeX foo isn't strong enough to spot where
they allow strings instead of single characters.  I'll keep digging...

Cheers,
CY