[Axiom-developer] unit testing

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] unit testing
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 14:38:45 -0500

Bill,

A slightly higher level of design goal can be seen in the ffrac.spad
domain that I just sent out. You'll notice that it has unit tests
embedded before each operation. These will serve a couple purposes,
both unit test and regression tests. That way we can document what
works and we can check when something breaks.

Of course, the inline comments are not really the "right" way
to construct and document these tests. They will eventually be
extractable chunks so we can run unit and regression tests on them.

It would be useful when constructing new domains if examples of
operations were embedded in the pamphlet files in a standard style
so we could achieve these goals.

Tim