Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Guessing package, was: Re: your program / pape

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Guessing package, was: Re: your program / paper
Date: 22 Mar 2007 13:37:31 +0100

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, IIUC Martin's package needs various algebra fixes.

I don't know what IIUC means, but I think I should comment:

YES.

My latest version (which guesses things of the form

binomial(a+b*n,n)*r(n),

r a rational function,

also needs the fix for iibinom in COMBF.

On the other hand, since my unpleasant experience of bad-fixing sttaylor, I
have written extensive documentation for *all* my fixes! Thus, including them
should not be a problem.

Very unfortunately, it seems that nobody is interested in porting Christian
Aistleitner's AldorUnit to libaxiom. This would save us a *lot* of trouble,
concerning the algebra. (More precisely, we could make it less likely that a
fix breaks other things - in a *very* axiom-like manner.)

Martin