RE: [Axiom-developer] boottocl

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] boottocl
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 16:38:31 -0400

On September 30, 2006 10:36 PM Gaby wrote:
> Assume I have an issue with how boottocl works, which version am
> I supposed to modify?  I'm talking of the system as it currently
> is -- not how it could theoretically be.

If you were planning to change anything significant in Boot
I would suggest that you plan on *first* modifying the build
so that the bootsys step with the old compiler is not longer
necessary, i.e. start with the new Boot in interp. Then there
will only be one  version to maintain and the build process
will be (slightly) faster.