Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN on sourceforge

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN on sourceforge
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:27:39 +0200

I actually don't understand why in the repository is anything else than pamphlets.

I agree.

I can understand .fig, .jpg, .png or such files,

I don't.

With the very rare exception of essential graphic artwork (eg. book
cover) I think all such files should be generated from source - by
running Axiom, noweb, LaTeX, dvipng, graphviz, etc.

Ah, of course, pictures should be exceptions, but allowed if they ARE sources. If somebody gives me a an idea how to put .fig into a .pamphlet, I agree, that also that can go away, but I don't consider xfig such a bad program. Note that the .latex generated from .fig is NOT the source. Of course, you know that...

Ralf