Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Has anybody attempted to buildAldor+Axiomlatel

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Has anybody attempted to buildAldor+Axiomlately?
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:32:36 -0700

Alfredo Portes address@hidden wrote:
> >I can understand Gaby. For working offline it would be good to have the
> >wiki locally and have it updated like any SCM repository. But it seems
> >that cannot be easily achieved, because at least one needs to set up
> >Zope, Zwiki, latexwiki, mathaction on the local computer. That is hard
> >enough.

Well, one could always set up FileSystemSite:
    http://www.infrae.com/download/FileSystemSite
and put the wiki there.  It is a single directory after all.  That would
help with SCM.

Then one could just "pull" the entire wiki as a series of text files.  I
think if the relevant directory were under svn/cvs/darcs control, the
wiki will ignore the extraneous files.  Of course, what happens when
Zope writes an update to a wiki file?

> And always downloading a >1MB Zope database if just a single
> >file changes is not very convenient.
>
>   I wonder if one could have the Zope database on svn and then do an
>   update to keep with the latest changes.

The entire zope database!?!?  One big 1GB file?  Each minor ZODB change
would be a single replacement of the ~1GB ZODB.  -- Which is why
FileSystemSite is probably required if you want to use SCM.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    Only after you've tried to figure something out for yourself and
    failed are you ready to absorb "the answer."