Re: [Axiom-developer] "Please add new attributes" message when building

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] "Please add new attributes" message when building aldor interface
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:35:44 +0200

Hi,

Le mercredi 19 avril 2006 à 11:23 +0200, Ralf Hemmecke a écrit :

[...]

> > Am I alone with this issue ? Is it normal that the build process stops
>  > (it's not documented on Mathaction) ? Was src_aldor2.tgz changed
>  > (I did not encounter this issue in the past)?
>
> Yes, the compilation stopped but not for the issue you described.
> What you encountered should rather be seen as a feature than a bug.
> So '@false' should remain there.

I agree

> libaxiom.mk says
> ----BEGIN
> # attrib.as - needs some special rules
> # The second ensures that the build will fail if ATTREG.spad is modified.
>
> ALL_DIRS += $(MID)/as
>
> $(MID)/as/attrib.as:: $(IN)/as/attrib.as.head $(MID)/as/.dir
>       cp $(IN)/as/attrib.as.head  $@
>
> $(MID)/as/attrib.as:: $(INT)/algebra/ATTREG.spad
>       @echo "Please add new attributes to $(Ax0Dir)/attrib.as.head"
>       @false
> ----END
>
> So if ever ATTREG.spad changes the compilation stops. Hmm, that means it
> probably always stops if you do 'tla update' and recompile Axiom.
> Maybe the dependency should rather be ATTREG.spad.pamphlet. But also
> that does not sound correct, since I can simply modify the documentation
> without generating a different ATTREG.spad.

Yes you're right, thanks, I read too quickly the libaxiom.mk (I built
Axiom and the Aldor interface in the background). I'm an idiot, I did
not even see this comment. So it seems that my version of ATTREG.spad
was more recent than attrib.as.head. Humm it's strange since I did not
modify ATTREG.spad and I decompressed src_ador2.tgz after the full build
of Axiom.

Cheers,

Greg