Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom silver branch

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom silver branch
Date: 11 Apr 2006 10:01:20 +0200

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

I looked at the problem.  I believe the problem creped in when the
conversion from CVS to SVN was done -- though I need more
investigation.  I'm currently at a place where I cannot work (I can
read mails for about 15min a day).  I'll be at working place next week.

| Concerning storing binary files in the Axiom CVS and SVN archives
| I think we should at least make it work correctly as it is before
| we consider removing the binary files from the archive since if
| the parameters are set correctly, this is supposed to work. After
| it is working properly as is, we can then consider changing it to
| eliminated the binary files for philosophical and efficiency
| reasons.

I agree.

| In the SourceForge Axiom CVS archive I have set the binary mode
| for all the *.tgz files in the zips directory using the command:
|
| cvs admin -kb
|
| as described here:
|
| http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Programming/change_management/unix_cvs/PRO
| GRAMMING_Working_with_Binary_Files.shtml
|
| I have also requested a 'refresh' of the SourceForge Axiom SVN
| from CVS, so that should correct the binary files problem and
| permit Axiom to be build from the SVN archive.

Thanks!

| According to
| SourceForge this might take 2 or 3 hours to complete. (Is SVN
| really that slow?)

yes, it is that fast, when you mind about the history of the commits
and such....