Re: [Axiom-developer] jsMath

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] jsMath
Date: 19 Dec 2005 13:05:12 +0100

Dear Tim,

> We need to develop a jsMath output format for browsers.

NOOOOO! I couldn't disagree more.

The idea -- well, at least mine -- is to use jsMath as long as mathml is not
widely supported, in order to have nice output on browsers, BUT

not only for Axiom output, but also for the pamphlet/ALLPROSE files.

Thus, Eitan said he would write a jsmath backend for TeX4ht. Then we would be
able to display *any* TeX (well, nearly) in a browser, and we could also have
our own "styles" to, for example, have tex4ht split latex sections into
individual pages, and so on.

Displaying axiom output on browsers is not such a problem. MathAction does this
already.

Martin

(PLEASE correct me if I'm on the wrong track)