RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: aldor patches

From: Peter Broadbery
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: aldor patches
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:19:25 +0100

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 03:54 -0400, Page, Bill wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I would like to install your aldor patches on the MathAction
> Website. My idea is to be able to include Aldor source files
> on MathAtion something like this
>
>   \begin{aldor}
>   Aldor code
>   \end{aldor}
>
> SPAD code can already be compile on MathAction like this:
>
>   \begin{axiom}
>   ABBREV ...
>   SPAD code
>   \end{axiom}
>
> I want to be able to call both SPAD and Aldor modules from Axiom
> commands like this:
>
>   \begin{axiom}
>   Call to Aldor routines etc.
>   \end{axiom}

This ought to work, but not immediately; One problem may be compiling
several aldor stanzas together - in this case you need to be able to
refer to earlier stanzas within the aldor block.

Eg:

\begin{aldor}
        AldorCat: Category == with { funstuff }
\end{aldor}

\begin{aldor}
        AldorDomain: AldorCat with { ... } == add { ... }
\end{aldor}

To compile the second you'll need access to the .ao file generated by
the first.  One solution may be to keep a list of .ao files within
MathAction's session.  Alternatively, each stanza could implicitly
contain all the previous ones.

> In the log file you will note that the make failes starting
> at this point:

> /home/page/repository/axiom--main--1/src/aldor/Make.rules:31:

Yes, this is due to me not testing stuff terribly well.  I've sent Tim a
new .tgz - appended below.

--
Peter Broadbery <address@hidden>