RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: [SPAM] Re: MONET Axiom front end

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: [SPAM] Re: MONET Axiom front end
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:03:44 -0400

Bob,

On Tuesday, July 06, 2004 12:17 PM you wrote

> I released LatexWiki 0.32 this weekend, and in it are some
> improvements for Plone.  Specifically, the stylesheet works
> in plone so that in-line equations have a similar font as
> the page text.

Yes, I saw your notice and I look forward to implementing 0.32
but since I have only just got AXIOM working with LatexWiki,
I am a little reluctant to make changes to the axiom-developer.org
system until people have had a chance to use it and comment on
it. I tried a while back to change the stylesheet used by Zwiki
in Plone, but it didn't work on first try and I didn't have time
to go back to it.

When I get around to it, I would also like to implement the
Microsoft IE AlphaImageLoader filter stylesheet behaviour that
corrects the problem with image backgrounds (not transparent) on
IE.

  http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/pngbehavior/pngbehavior.html

Anyway, if someone has additional system resources to spare,
I would be willing to duplicate what I have done so far on
another system with newer versions of Zope, Zwiki, and Plone.
Right now all of these are about 3 months behind current -
not too bad, but things do change quite quickly in this business.

> I do not have a convenient way to adjust fonts in plone but
> would like to add this.  Normally there is a page
>
>     http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone/UserOptions
>
> which is not plone-specific, but it looks like it is not installed
> on your site.

You can access this page on the Zope-based Zwiki/LatexWiki
site:

  http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/UserOptions

I set up both a "stand alone" LatexWiki at

  http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction

and the Plone-based portal

  http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone

with the publicly accessible LatexWiki at

  http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone/wiki

These are separate wiki's, one with the vanilla Zwiki Zope
skin and the other with the Plone skin in the portal
environment. I think it would be neat if these could both
contain the same contents with just two different look-and-
feel.

There are also other LatexWiki's created by registered users
on the portal.

Apparently UserOptions is only available in the Zope-based
wiki.

> Bill would you be willing to share these patches so I can
> distribute them with LatexWiki?

Yes, absolutely. I would consider them licensed under the
same terms as LatexWiki. I would be very happy if you could
just incorporate them into your LatexWiki distribution. I
consider what I have right now as more or less at the "0.20"
version level. It's just one Python module that implements
the filter and a one line change to ReplaceInlineLatex.py to
call it before calling renderLatex. I can send you the file
whenever you want. Do you have AXIOM installed on one of
your servers?

> Did you define a new page type?

No, but that might be neat. I don't know enough about Zwiki
yet to do that and I haven't looked closely enough at your
install script. Actually, I think the number of different
page types is rather confusing to most users and if I added
a new type, I would probably want to take other less useful
options away.