[Axiom-developer] Unused old versions of GCL in CVS

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Unused old versions of GCL in CVS
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:35:49 -0400

Tim,

I recently refreshed my copy of the Axiom CVS and I could
not help but notice (download speed!) that there are four
unused version of GCL in the CVS totaling more than 25 Mb.
Can you see any reason for keeping 2.4.1, 2.4.3 and 2.5?
Also I see that the naming convention for 2.5.3 is different
(.tar.gz). Am I correct that this version is also not used?

I would offer to clean this up and maybe also move things
to the most recent version of GCL (2.6.1-15) - or do you
already have plans for that? But I am a little unsure about
how to remove things from CVS.

Cheers,